We offer a safe and fun environment for babies, toddlers and preschoolers (0-5 years) to play, explore, develop and make new friends. We currently have places for individuals or new groups at the Cottage. Join us at playgroup today!
We currently run two playgroup session times on weekdays.
- Morning: 9am – 12 midday
- Afternoon: 12 midday – 3pm
JOIN = groups currently meet for these sessions, join them!
FULL= group that is not currently taking members due to size, but may take members again in the future
CLOSED = groups currently meet for these sessions but are not open to new members
OPEN = no group currently meeting, why not start one with some friends?
Joining as an individual?
Super! Submit an enquiry to find out which groups are currently accepting new members. We can also tell you the approximate age of the children in each group.
Joining as a new group?
This is to assist in the purchasing of toys, arts and craft supplies, consumables (tea and coffee), and general upkeep of the centre. This can be paid in full or on a term by term basis.
|$145 annually||OR||$40 per term (+$25 annual maintenance levy)|
Please contact us if you are a Health Care Card holder, experiencing hardship or would like a free trial.
Our playgroup is all about play. We try to group children by age in Playgroup sessions to help them expand their communication, social and motor skills during this important stage of rapid development with children at a similar stage. Children will look forward to their regular Playgroup session as a special time just for them.
PlayGroup Victoria says:
Why children go to playgroup…
Playgroup-aged children are going through a stage of rapid brain and skill development that playgroup can cater for. Babies are offered play experiences to stimulate their senses. Toddlers build on these play experiences to practise using their hands and their emerging language skills. Preschool children continue to learn as they play and practise social skills, an important preparation for kindergarten and school.
At playgroup children can:
- make new friends
- have new experiences
- gain self confidence
- develop physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually
- develop their skills of cooperation
- develop verbal and non-verbal communication skills through contact with other children and adults
- extend their experience of literacy in a social environment.
For Parents & Carers
Adults must attend (no professional childcare is available). This is a great thing. It gives you the opportunity to form friendships with other local carers (mostly mums). You will soon find other parents going through similar experiences as you. And can chat about the highs and lows of raising a human, knowing that you are not alone.
Some of the great things, from a Grown Up’s perspective, about meeting at the Cottage are:
- Lots of car parking available.
- No need to bake or clean up in preparation for the group’s session. (Just a quick sweep afterwards please. There is a cleaner provided to do a more thorough job!)
- No need to spend money each week on coffee, parking, kid’s entertainment etc. Once you’ve paid your membership fees you’re done.
- No pets, or pet hair tumble-weeding about to worry about.
- Plenty of indoor and outdoor undercover space for rainy or very high UV days.
- You can leave whenever you want without feeling bad for the host.
- Having a set time and place to meet actually means more people will come along each week.
- Free tea and coffee, and lots of clean mugs!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further Playgroup information.
Photo thanks to Work and Co Photography